PSR I Appointment Scheduler-Temp to Perm
· Schedules appointments either by phone or by using the Patient Portal. Reschedules patients as needed, or requested.
· Uses manual/computerized system to match physician/clinician availability with patient’s preferences in terms of date and time.
· Registers new patients obtaining all necessary information. Refers patient to Patient Portal.
· Enrolls patients into the Patient Portal through NextGen computer system.
· Maintains scheduling system so records are accurate and complete.
· Ensures patient appointment reminder calls are downloaded on a daily basis (e.g., cancellations or additions are updated in system).
· Works insurance eligibility report for all non-eligible insurance plans and contacts patient to update insurance information.
· Downloads, prints labels/postcard and mails out recall plans.
· Communicates as needed with physicians/clinicians and staff about any patient concerns/issues related to scheduling.
· Uses customer service principles and techniques to deal with patients calmly and pleasantly.
· Minimum one year of experience in an appointment scheduling position, preferably in a medical practice setting.
· Must be able to type 30 wpm.
· Intermediate level knowledge and use of Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, etc.
Apply for this Job Position
Email your resume to our HR manager at email@example.com or send it by fax to (210) 650-5993